Municipaly ofEsterri D’Àneu
The smallest of the municipalities of Neu, with an area of 8.5 km², it has only one population centre, Esterri d’Àneu, with 804 inhabitants.
Geographical, economic, social and cultural centre of the Àneu Valleys. The Noguera Pallaresa divides the village into two halves joined by the Romanesque bridge, formerly the only link between the Pont district and the rest of the village. A walk along the Vorariu promenade is recommended.
In the main street we find the parish church of Sant Vicenç, from the 18th century, with a slender square bell tower, the highest in the region Highlight the neoclassical front door. At one end of the street is the Cross of Cap de la Vila, a Renaissance boundary cross, built according to tradition by Frenchmen in 1623. Walking through the streets of the old quarter we will find Casa Gassia , home of the Valls d’Àneu Ecomuseum, is an example of an agro-livestock house representative of an era in which the basis of the local economy was, almost exclusively, farming and raising livestock.
The old church of Sant Vicenç , from the 15th century, located in the current Plaça del Bon Consell, only the western façade remains standing. There is also a cross which was located in the center of the old moat.